Saturday, June 6, 2009

Jonathan's Reflection

We chose the ninja academy concept to create our problem set because we thought it would be an interesting way to learn about mathematics. I thought the teacher/master also helped give the educational feel to it, to make you feel like you’re learning. We chose to do the majority of our project as a flash presentation to make it more interesting. Also, we chose to make the audience follow links to ensure that they could not skip to other parts of our project.

The questions we made provided an overview of our best mathematical understanding, because we feel we were adequately able to explain the solution to the question. We also chose to do units we were most comfortable about, so we could explain it even better.

While completing this assignment, I was also getting a small review of what we learned in each unit. The things that I learned in this project, however, were not really mathematical. I learned that it can sometimes be hard to collaborate with a partner. Another thing I learned is how to teach others (I hope), in a way in which they could have a better understanding of the concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment